Several solid wood flooring ideas are trending right now, but which one is right for you? Keep reading to gain some inspiration for your next home improvement project.
1. Mix Species of WoodAntique barnwood flooring is in high demand because of its unique look. Create a more dynamic design by mixing up your species of wood. Choosing a medley of lumber offers more eye-catching depth with various colors, grains, and levels of distress.
2. Experiment With DimensionsAnother way to spice up your solid wood flooring is by experimenting with dimensions. Choose planks of various lengths and widths instead of sticking with standard sizes. Mixing things up this way allows you to create an exciting and complex design without overpowering the rest of your space.
3. Use Light Tones To BrightenEven though modern and rustic interior designs seem to conflict, there are ways to marry the two together. Using lighter-toned reclaimed wood flooring brightens up any room while retaining its pastoral charm. Being selective about colors will allow you to combine elements of various home styles and design an ultra-unique interior.
4. Choose Dark Hues for AmbianceOf course, color is a versatile tool, allowing you to create all kinds of aesthetics. If a light and modern home isn’t your forte, choose darker hues for more ambiance. Bring this solid wood flooring idea to life by choosing deep, rich lumber like cherry or black walnut.
5. Build Character With Antique OakAntique oak comes with tons of character. Since professionals harvest reclaimed wood from all kinds of resources, you’ll always have unique flooring to show off your personality. Antique oak floors give you the best of both worlds, so you’ll never have to choose between durability and style.
These reclaimed barnwood flooring ideas should give you some insight into all of the amazing design potential. Let Benedict Antique Lumber provide you with high-quality wood for your future home improvement endeavors.